www.pantherslockerroom.com

in Musik 28.05.2019 09:36
von hongwei28 • 93 Beiträge

Let’s take a look at the real OGs!"Let’s hear it for the real OGs! Isn’t there some type of hip hop tune that uses that phrase? From this maybe? But I digress already. Let’s talk about the hog mollies up front. The non-skill players if you will. The good news is the Panthers did not have a lot of turnover at guard 2018. Tyler Larsen filled in at right guard for an injured Trai Turner for three games early in the season. He didn’t exactly light it up. Left guard Greg Van Roten played all sixteen games and led team in number of snaps played Womens Christian McCaffrey Jersey , logging over one thousand plays on the season. The bad news is the group as a whole did not have a great season performance wise. The Panthers offense struggled and I can’t say the guard position is free from criticism. So we need to look at the performance grades but also include other factors. If we are going to evaluate offensive guards we also need to look at penalties, particularly offensive holding.Here is how Pro Football Focus graded the Panthers at the position:Let’s start with the veteran and highest paid player at the position, right guard Trai Turner.Trai TurnerExperience: 5 yearsAge: 25Height: 6-3Weight: 315 lbsCollege: LSU2018 season: 13 starts; two offensive holding penalties, two false startsPro Football FocusBased on PFF grades alone Turner had a down year, in fact his worst year as a pro. Mind you only by a little plus there is the issue of an early injury. That could have been a nagging thing that helped draft him down with the whole offensive line. Yet my main concern with Turner is the trend. He does tend to rebound from a bad season with a better one, but will it match his 2015 season performance? We can only hope. We certainly need better run blocking, something both starting guards struggled with in 2018. His $8.7 million cap hit in 2019 demands it. Another down year and his $12 million cap hit in 2020 will certainly make him a cap casualty. There is no reason he can’t turn it around though.Greg Van RotenExperience: 4 yearsAge: 28Height: 6-3Weight: 305 lbsCollege: Pennsylvania2018: 16 starts; 1 offensive holding penalty, 1 false startThe best thing you can say about Van Roten’s 2018 season is he was durable and he rarely got called for a penalty. He never missed a game and logged a team leading 1,059 snaps. Beyond that though Van Roten’s season was a big ‘meh!’. His 59.8 point PFF rating is barely palatable. He didn’t get a lot of penalties but maybe he should have tried to get more? I can’t believe I just typed that but my point is to push the envelope more, finish plays https://www.pantherslockerroom.com/authentic-christian-mccaffrey-jersey , pan cake someone. We need better run blocking from the position in the future. Van Roten is under contract for 2019 for $830k and is an unrestricted free agent after this coming season. The left guard spot is his to lose in 2019 and I would bet a lot the Panthers give him some serious competition, if not via free agency then the draft.Tyler LarsenExperience: 3 yearsAge: 27Height: 6-4Weight: 325 lbsCollege: Utah StateAs I stated earlier, Larsen didn’t leave much of an impression in the three games he started at right guard. Well maybe it left an impression, albeit a bad one on quarterback Cam Newton. So I expect to see Larsen, who is better suited at center, to be backing up our future center in 2019. The Panthers have a number of additional guards on the roster but none of them saw the field other than on special teams. CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — Panthers coach Ron Rivera hasn’t ruled out shutting down quarterback Cam Newton for the season because of a sore right throwing shoulder.Rivera said Tuesday he plans to meet with Newton later in the week and figure out where he is “in terms of his physical state and mental state” before deciding if he will start Sunday against Atlanta.“It’s a tough situation right now,” Rivera added. “Until I get a chance to visit with him I’m not going to speculate.”“I’m not looking forward to that conversation,” Newton said after Carolina’s 12-9 loss to the Saints on Monday night.The eighth-year quarterback was noticeably frustrated talking about his lingering shoulder injury. The chiseled 6-foot-5, 245-pounder was a mere shell of his former self Womens DJ Moore Jersey , struggling to throw the ball more than 10 yards down the field.Newton’s frustration stems from not knowing exactly what the issue is with his shoulder.“I think the thing, when you talk to different people who can help you with it, is that there’s not any magical surgery or whatever. It’s just time,” Newton said. “I’ve tried and done everything.”He’s been taking anti-inflammatories, getting massages and trying acupuncture. He said there hasn’t been a night that’s gone by without having some type of work done on his shoulder.Newton has been on a “pitch count” in practice for the better part of the season, often not throwing at all on Wednesdays and Thursdays during the week so he can rest.Nothing seems to work.He said the shoulder is not getting worse, but it’s not getting better either.However, the missed time in practice is affecting his timing with his receivers and he doesn’t have the same zip on the ball as he did when he led the Panthers to the Super Bowl in the 2015 season, throwing for 35 touchdowns.“I’ve been eager to go to (head trainer Ryan Vermillion’s) office, weeks and weeks and weeks and kind of find out what it is. ‘Did you find something? What am I supposed to do? What do we have to do?'” Newton said. “… It is what it was Donte Jackson Jersey White , just a lot of soreness and tension in the joints.”Without a diagnosis that demands he sits out, Newton has continued to play through the pain — and the frustration.He doesn’t even know if he will need another surgery after the season.Rivera doesn’t seem to know exactly what’s wrong with Newton either, referring all injury-related questions to the team’s medical staff. The Associated Press requested to talk to Vermillion through the team’s PR department, but he was not made available for comment.The Panthers (6-8) still have a very slim chance of making the playoffs — less than one percent, according to the website fivethirtyeight.com —but have lost six straight and morale is low.But that still could be enough to convince Rivera to stick with Newton another week.“Believe it or not, there’s a slim glimmer, so we’ll see,” Rivera said of the decision to start Newton on Sunday.Center Ryan Kalil said “nobody is more frustrated than Cam.”“I’ve played a long time with the guy and he takes it personal. It’s been a frustrating season, needless to say,” Kalil said.He called Newton one of the toughest players he’s ever played with.“I’ve seen the guy take hits and get his body up https://www.pantherslockerroom.com/authentic-dj-moore-jersey , game after game, season after season,” Kalil said. “Hits that I have seen him take other guys wouldn’t get up from. He fights through a lot of stuff.”Newton’s stats were miserable against the Saints — 16 of 29 for 131 yards for a season-low 52.5 passer rating, by far the worst of the season. He was sacked four times.If Rivera decides to sit Newton, Taylor Heinicke would get his first start.When asked what good it does to play an injured Newton with little to gain, Rivera said Tuesday, “in all intents and purposes, we play to win.”

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: germainesmit
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 7591 Themen und 14190 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen