e sight of watching Jets backup quarterback Matt Si

in Fantômas 10.05.2019 07:45
von Dogcat250 • 1.150 Beiträge

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- For Bills safety Jairus Byrd, there was nothing like the sight of watching Jets backup quarterback Matt Simms trot out on the field early in the fourth quarter Sunday. To Byrd, that was a signal that he and Buffalos defence had done its job in thoroughly rattling rookie starter Geno Smith. "It sits great with us," Byrd said. "Any time you can do that, it means were being relentless out there." That was the case from start to finish as the Bills defence and blustery winds gusting up to 30 mph proved too much for Smith and the Jets to handle in Buffalos dominating 37-14 victory. Byrd had two interceptions. Defensive tackle Kyle Williams had two sacks and forced a fumble. And, safety DaNorris Searcy returned another Smith interception 32 yards for a touchdown as Buffalo turned four turnovers by the quarterback into 17 points. The Bills got after Smith from the Jets opening possession. Thats when defensive tackle Marcell Dareus briefly knocked the quarterback out of the game by hitting him in the mid-section. "First play of the game, I knew that we had him," Dareus said. "We got a big lick on him, and he kind of rolled around. We knew right then we were in his head. From then on, he looked crazy, looked scattered." The Bills also didnt take too kindly upon hearing the Jets spent part of Saturday at Dave & Busters, a chain restaurant and entertainment venue in suburban Buffalo. "Me personally, I feel theyre disrespectful in the first place, so it didnt shock me," Bills defensive end Mario Williams said. Jets coach Rex Ryan defended the decision, saying it wasnt meant to be disrespectful. "I dont know why thats added motivation. We do different things when were on the road," Ryan said. "We went out as a team, so thats what we did." The Bills (4-7) snapped a three-game skid and enter their bye week by winning for only the second time in seven games. The Jets (5-5), coming off their bye, continued their string of inconsistent outings by becoming the NFLs first team to alternate wins and losses through the first 10 games of the season. Smith, a second-round pick out of West Virginia, went 8 of 23 for 103 yards passing, and was blunt in assessing his outing. "The way I can sum up this game is awful," Smith said. "I couldnt hit anything today. I just wasnt hitting the mark." Bills rookie quarterback EJ Manuel, selected 16th overall out of Florida State, was far better. He finished 20 of 28 for 245 yards passing and two scores. And he did so with Buffalo playing minus both starting receivers: Stevie Johnson (groin) and Robert Woods (sprained left ankle). Smith has now gone a combined 36 of 72 for 377 yards passing, with no touchdowns and five interceptions in his past three games. And hes particularly struggled on the road, where he dropped to 1-4 and thrown four touchdown passes and 10 interceptions. Overall, he has eight touchdowns, 16 interceptions and has lost four fumbles. Ryan attempted to deflect criticism directed at his quarterback by noting Smith had little protection. "With that protection, you couldve had Joe Namath back there and I dont think it wouldve mattered today," Ryan said. "Obviously, when you turn the ball over four times, thats a poor performance." It was so bad that the Jets managed just 267 yards offence and a season-low 12 first downs. Under Smith, the Jets produced 4 yards offence, no first downs and committed two turnovers on 13 plays over the final five possessions of the first half. Jets running back Chris Ivory scored on a 1-yard plunge on fourth down. Simms marched the Jets on a six-play, 62-yard drive, capped by a 13-yard pass to Jeff Cumberland with 9:36 left. The Bills took control in the final minutes of the first half. Starting with Manuels 34-yard touchdown pass to T.J. Graham with 4:05 left, Buffalo scored 17 points over a span of 2:50 to build a 20-0 lead with 65 seconds left in the first half. Kyle Williams sack and forced fumble led to fullback Frank Summers scoring on a 3-yard run. Then Byrds first interception set up Dan Carpenters 42-yard field goal. NOTES: The conditions were so tough that a tear-away portion of the football-field sized American flag came undone during the national anthem. ... Jets PK Nick Folk missed his first field-goal attempt of the season after a 48-yarder sailed wide right. Folks streak ended at 23 straight, one short of matching the franchise record set by Jay Feely from 2008-09. ... Among those in attendance was New York Governor Andrew Cuomo, who played a big role last year in negotiating the Bills 10-year lease agreement to stay at Ralph Wilson Stadium. Brian Burns Jersey . Shot outdoors against the stunning backdrop of Banff, Alta., the networks 30-minute original production airs Friday at 8 p.m. ET on TSN2. The four All-Star teams will play for $100,000 in prize money during TSNs annual skins game, airing live this weekend on TSN from The Fenlands Banff Recreation Centre. Cheap Carolina Panthers Jerseys . As each game passes (each has played close with the exception of last night) it becomes clearer just how evenly matched these two teams are and how one mistake, or one bad inning, is likely to sway the result. http://www.cheapcarolinapanthersjerseysauthentic.com/ . And while taking highly-touted Simon Fraser offensive lineman Matthias Goossen second overall on Tuesday night will definitely help in an area of need for the club, it was a swap of draft picks that may prove to be his most shrewd move. "When Jesse Briggs started to fall a little bit, you could just see Kyle perk up in his chair. Wholesale Carolina Panthers Jerseys . On Thursday, a judge said Varlamov could be released if he posted $5,000 bond and be allowed to travel with the team but he was ordered to stay away from his girlfriend, among other restrictions. Cheap Panthers Jerseys Authentic . Others describe it as taking the parrot for a walk.ARLINGTON, Texas – As the Blue Jays trek to Boston after taking two out of three from the Rangers, Marcus Stroman will be catching a different flight. For the 23-year-old its destination, Buffalo. Stroman was optioned back to the Bisons and will pick up there where he left off at the time of his recall on May 4, in the starting rotation. Hes got a 1.69 ERA and a miniscule 1.088 WHIP in five starts for Buffalo this season and while hes disappointed to be leaving behind charter flights and five star hotels for the rigours of a bus, hes glad to return to the routine he knows best. "I want to be a starter 100-percent," said Stroman. "Thats the role I thought I was going to be in when I came up here. I think in the long run hopefully I can be a starter and show that I can start at this level. Thats the plan." Stroman made five relief appearances for the Blue Jays, two of which were in high-leverage situations. He thrived in an inning and a third of work on May 6 in Philadelphia, preserving a 5-5 tie to the 10th and picking up his first career major league victory. In the other, he struggled, relieving Drew Hutchison in the fifth inning of a May 11 loss to the Angels, in which he entered trailing 3-1 but left down 7-1. "First go around, there were a couple of outings where he was really good and a couple of outings where he struggled and gave up some hits," said manager John Gibbons. "But hes like anybody else, you feel your way around, get your feet wet, and when it comes down to it you have to make pitches, quality pitches. When you make mistakes, you leave balls up in the zone, hang breaking balls, at this level they dont miss them." With Dustin McGowan returned to the bullpen, where he thrived last season, the Blue Jays will next need a body for McGowans turn in the rotation on Saturday, at home against Oakland. Stromann is ineligible because, as a player on option to the minor leagues, hes required to spend 10 days there before a recall.dddddddddddd Thats the paperwork end of it. The real life part of the equation is that he needs to get his arm stretched back out. Its a lot to ask of a guy to make his first major league start against one of baseballs best teams having not worked deep into a game for the better part of a month. Its clear what Stroman wants to be doing when his eventual return to the Blue Jays becomes reality. He hedged when asked if he would have preferred to remain in Buffalo until such time Toronto was ready to put him in the rotation. "Its hard to say. Its hard to say," said Stroman. "Obviously whatever opportunity you get to contribute at the big-league level you want to jump on it and go. But Ive been groomed as a starter for the past year and a half so its hard saying otherwise. Its tough but you take it in stride and see what happens." As for who will make Saturdays start against the Athletics, the Jays options off the current roster are thin. Todd Redmond would be the guy. More likely is either Sean Nolin, a lefthander who made his major league debut and was hit hard in a game last May against Baltimore, or Liam Hendriks, a spring-time waiver claim pickup from the Orioles whos a noted strike thrower but has had little success at the big league level spread over parts of three seasons with the Twins. Hendriks is 5-0 with a 1.48 ERA for the Bisons in seven starts. General manager Alex Anthopoulos was in attendance for his most recent start, a seven inning performance in which he allowed one run but got a no-decision. For his big league career, Hendriks, 25, is 2-13 with a 6.06 ERA and a 5.31 FIP. A control pitcher, Hendriks doesnt walk many hitters but his 1.590 WHIP reflects the 202 hits hes allowed in 156 innings. Stitched College Jerseys Cheap UCLA Jerseys NCAA Louisville Cardinals Jerseys North Carolina Jerseys Stitched Kentucky Wildcats Jerseys Stitched Alabama Crimson Tide Jerseys Cheap Basketball Wisconsin Badgers Jerseys Authentic NCAA Jerseys Store Wholesale Basketball NCAA Jerseys Cheap Duke Gear Stitched Alabama Jerseys Stitched Georgia Jerseys Cheap Clemson Jerseys Authentic Authentic Texas Jerseys Wholesale USC Jerseys Stitched Oklahoma Jerseys Stitched Ohio State Jerseys Cheap Notre Dame Gear UCLA Jerseys From China Cheap Louisville Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap North Carolina Jerseys Authentic Cheap Kentucky Jerseys Authentic Wisconsin Jerseys From China Cheap Michigan Gear Cheap Florida Gear Wholesale Arizona State Jerseys Cheap LSU Gear Cheap Auburn Gear Cheap California Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Miami Jerseys Authentic Cheap Michigan State Gear Cheap Tennessee Jerseys Authentic Texas A&M Jerseys From China Authentic Wake Forest Jerseys West Virginia Jerseys From China ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: Maximilian324
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9482 Themen und 17031 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen