He has spent a lot of time getting to know

in Faith No More 19.02.2019 03:44
von Dogcat250 • 1.150 Beiträge

Katherine Brunt is an old hand when it comes to major tournaments, displaying nerves of steel in the 2009 World Twenty20 final to record figures of 3-6 and help England beat New Zealand to the title. But the seamer still gets sick ahead of big events and feels no different with the latest Womens World T20 getting underway in India this week.Brunt will be a key cog for England as they aim to better their runners-up spot in the previous two editions, with the team pipped by Australia on both occasions, in Sri Lanka in 2012 and Bangladesh two years ago.Speaking to Sky Sports, the Barnsley-born bowler discussed what winning the event would mean to her, the impact of new England coach Mark Robinson and the Yin to her Yang, Anya Shrubsole…Hi Katherine. Youve been around at big events for a while now, but do you still get nervous as a world tournament approaches?Of course I do! I did wonder when that feeling would go away but it never does. Its always the same and I always feel a bit sick!How do you think you have changed as a cricketer since you made your England debut in 2004?I have had to learn different skills along the way and become physically fitter as I play all three formats - I want to have a long career so I have had to manage my back. Im still learning all the time, especially with new England coach Mark Robinson on board. England captain Charlotte Edwards is also full of praise for new head coach Mark Robinson. What has he brought to your game?He has made me feel like there is more left in the old horse yet! He is all for taking you outside of your comfort zone - thats not really what I do personally, but it has helped me realise that I need to push myself and that I can work on my failings.As a former fast bowler, has Mark had a few tips and tactics for you?Not really. He has spent a lot of time getting to know the team and also focussed on our batting style and how we are going to approach an innings. He wants us to be positive and aggressive and thats how I play my cricket, with both bat and ball. Im quite a fiery character on the pitch and like to take on shots and take on anyone who comes at me. Thats what Mark is pushing from numbers one to 11. We havent perfected that style yet - it always takes time with a new coach - but we are well on the way. Katherine could be crucial for England with the bat, too Can you reassure us that the back injury that disrupted your recent tour of South Africa has cleared up?Yes, I feel great. I had a long winter season abroad and technically no time off since the end of the English county season to stop and collect myself physically and mentally. I got to a point where I needed that break before the World T20 so, while it was disappointing to cut my South Africa trip short, my back is now in the best shape its been in for a while. Im definitely ready to go.You seem confident and your team must be, too, after reaching the last two World T20 finals?We dont like being runners-up, thats for sure! I think there are at least four teams, possibly six, competing at the same level so its not dead-set for anyone. Its anyones game and will be about who handles the pressure best. Watch England Women in action in the ICC Womens World T20 A key for England could be the way you and Anya Shrubsole perform with the ball up front. Why do you think you work so well as a partnership?Mainly because one of us swings it in and the other swings it away. We feel like we can keep a left-right batting combination on their toes - I feel I have a great off-cutter and she has a great leg-cutter, so we are Yin and Yang. If one of us is getting through dot balls, the other is taking wickets. In world cricket, I think we are right up there in partnerships.Are you also Yin and Yang as people?Its quite funny actually. We have been doing these tests recently to see how you are in yourself and in a working environment and how you can work with your team-mates better - and Anya and I are on completely different ends of the scale in terms of personality. Everything I do annoys her and everything she does annoys me, so its bizarre we work so well together. I guess, though, that you become a different person on the pitch - I know I certainly do. Anya Shrubsole - Katherines bowling partner and personality opposite! Youve been in India for a few days now. Have you managed to get out and about?Not just yet. Weve been quite happy to stay in one place as a team and really train and rest well. Sometimes you have to sacrifice the touristy things when you want to win so I guess well save that for after the tournament has finished. We want to stay focussed.What would it mean to you to win the World T20?Its why I play. World Cups are the pinnacle of our game and why I train so hard. You always get a certain feeling when you come to these events as all the teams are giving it everything, we play alongside the men and the media coverage is ramped up. Its brilliant - I love the pressure, I love the hype and it brings out the best in me.Watch England Womens World T20 opener against Bangladesh from 9.30am, Thursday, Sky Sports 2. Trevor Williams Jersey . According the CSNBayArea.com, the 31-year-old suffered an ACL injury in his right knee on Friday when he collided with Anaheims Emerson Etem during a pre-season game. Craig Mager Jersey . I kept my eyes focused up on the camera during each approach. I just tried to stay focused on my form, as I didnt know what the ball reaction was. I was quite emotional at the end. I did not actually see any of the shots in the game until I got home and watched the video. http://www.chargersauthenticshop.com/Cha...s-Draft-Jersey/. In their first meeting for six years, the Frenchmen dropped serve twice in the first set, but Giquel broke Simon two more times in the second. Gicquel moves on to face sixth-seeded Jarkko Nieminen of Finland, who advanced with a 7-6 (5), 7-6 (5) win against wild card Pierre-Hugues Herbert, despite the Frenchmans 23 aces. Dan Feeney Jersey . Louis Blues and back into top spot of the TSN.ca NHL Power Rankings. The Sharks had been ranked No. Melvin Gordon Jersey .com) - The Denver Nuggets snapped a losing streak last time out and will try to carry that momentum Saturday night when they welcome the Indiana Pacers to the Pepsi Center. INDIANAPOLIS -- Dallas Clark never took his eyes off the screen as a video tribute played highlights from his time in Indianapolis. The standout tight end retired from the NFL after 11 seasons Wednesday and when he stepped to the podium at the teams practice facility, he could hardly keep his composure. "Obviously you should have showed the video afterward," Clark said after taking a long pause to gather himself. "My wife told me to keep it lighthearted. I just dont know how to do that because this place and these fans and everyone here mean so much to me." He retired as a member of the Colts, the team that drafted him in the first round in 2003. Its the place where he won a Super Bowl with Peyton Manning in 2006 and spent the first nine years of his career. Clark played for Baltimore last season and for Tampa Bay in 2012. He was released by the Colts in 2011 after the team finished 2-14 and missed the playoffs for the first time in 10 years. Clark signed with Indy just long enough to announce his retirement, though Colts owner Jim Irsay wisecracked that there was no signing bonus this time. "Theres a lot more meaning behind it than numbers," he said. "Its really a great moment when you have a chance to have somebody come back to town." Clark is Indys all-time leader in tight end touchdown catches (46) and receptions (427). He finished second in yards receiving (4,887) and 100-yard games (seven). Clark set single season records with the Colts with 100 receptions and 1,106 yards in the 2009 season. In 2007, he had 11 TD catches. The Colts won at leeast 12 games for seven consecutive seasons and made eight straight playoff appearances leading up to Clarks final season in Indy, before his release and the release of other veterans, including Manning.dddddddddddd "You cant write this, you cant make this up," Clark said as he thanked everyone from team doctors and equipment staff, to former Colts coach Tony Dungy and former team President Bill Polian, who drafted him with Indys first-round pick in 2003. "Nothing but love," he said to a crowd that included Reggie Wayne, Robert Mathis and Adam Vinatieri. "For us to go do what we do, theres so many people. Im not going to stand here and think I did it myself because that would be a boldface lie." Wayne was drafted by Indy in 2001 and played alongside Clark each year he was with the Colts. "From day one, he came in with a mission and focused in on it and he locked in on it and within that first year, he came in and made some plays and I knew he was going to be major, major contributor to this offence," Wayne said. "He was that last piece of the puzzle and without Dallas, I dont think we win as many games as we did." Clark got emotional when thanking the teammates hes had throughout his career. "When you have 52 men in the locker room giving everything that they have for one goal, special things happen," he said. "For us, we won like it was like, thats what you do. Until I went to other places, it was like, not everyone gets it. Not everyone can do what we did. Thats the reason why it was so special." Wholesale Hoodies NFL Shirts Outlet Jerseys NFL Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys Free Shipping Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '

zuletzt bearbeitet 19.02.2019 03:51 | nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: vivianaind88
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9489 Themen und 17042 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen